“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
Churches together -
Please pray for our sister churches and organisations. Each church in Dorking will be praying for each other as below:
6 May Crossways Community Baptist Church - http://www.crossways.info/
13 May Harvest Community Church - http://www.harvestchurchdorking.org.uk/
20 May Holy Trinity Westcott - https://www.holytrinitywestcott.org.uk/
27 May The Foodbank - https://dorkingarea.foodbank.org.uk/
Here are some prayer ideas -
1. Think of five people you know that are not Christians and ask the Lord to save them.
2. Ask the Lord to bless a loved one, then someone you don't know very well and then someone you really don't like.
3. Pray a short sentence to God by as many names as you can think of - Almighty God, Creator God, Father God, Sovereign Lord …
4. Pray the Lord's prayer alternating between the actual line and your own version - Hallowed be Your name : May you be praised and worshipped forever.
5. Your Kingdom Come - think of an area of your life where you can't see God and pray that His Kingdom would come into that part of your life.
6. Pray for the world's leaders to be wise, compassionate and fair and to turn to God.
7. Mindful prayer - be still, focus on you breathing, acknowledge what you are thinking, then let the thoughts go, then repeat a simple prayer with each 3rd breath - "Come, Holy Spirit". Let the prayer flow out with your breath.
8. Pray for a street as you walk down it. Pray that the Lord would bless everyone in the street - Lord, please help John and Mary to be good parents, please restore Andrew's health…
Thank you for praying – it makes a difference.